CMAS Celebrity List The Celebrity eyes I am showing are not necessarily classic examples of the season they are classified in.
|Warm Glorious Spring||Light Pastel Spring||Clear Vital Striking Spring|
|Cool Moonlight Summer||Light Sunshine Summer||Soft Indian Summer|
|Warm Golden Autumn||Soft Gentle Autumn||Dark Striking Autumn|
|Cool Snowfrost Winter||Dark Sunset Winter||Bright Clear Firelight Winter|
SPRING eyes – Yellow sunburst around a gray doughnut shape. (Eyes do not always match your dominant, but may show your secondary).
ABSOLUTE SPRING — usually has warm blonde (may have touch of red or light brown) or silver hair. When Absolute the Personality traits fit almost perfectly. Eye color looks green or blue, when wearing those colors, or may be light yellow brown. Face will be very narrow or round.
Ellen is probably an Absolute Spring.
GLORIOUS SPRING — (Spring – Autumn, aka Warm Spring) red to light blonde red or yellow blonde, with freckled skin. Hair has glassy quality. Skin tone has yellow undertone. Eyes may be blue, aqua, turquoise, golden green, yellow brown or hazel. Eyes may contain orange or wine.
(Barbara Streisand, Lindsay Lohan and Gillian Anderson are Springs in CMAS)
- PASTEL SPRING — (Spring mixed with Summer, aka Light Spring) Hair coloring: light brown or ash blonde hair, platinum, honey blonde or taupe, or salt and pepper grey. Not all Pastel Springs stay blond. Eyes are blue, green or hazel, grey or brown with a wide band around rim of iris. Skin tone is often light pink peach, or may have a slight green cast.
blue, green or hazel, grey or brown
- STRIKING SPRING — (Spring – Winter, aka Clear/Bright/Vital Spring) medium to dark brunette, root beer brown, black (with warm tones), also blonde or platinum, or silver, gray or white hair. Skin tone is porcelain to dark olive but with yellow (or pink) under base. Angular, oval or oblong face shape. Eyes are usually brown, possibly with a yellow marking, may also be shining golden brown or blue with rays or spokes, or yellow marking around starburst, or open space in nerve wreath.
BLOND STRIKING SPRINGS
BRUNETTE STRIKING SPRINGS
DARKER HAIRED STRIKING SPRINGS
The SUMMER eye appears as crackly glass. (Eyes do not always match your dominant, but may show your secondary).
ABSOLUTE SUMMER — “brownette” usually has light ash brown hair, without red highlights, it could also be gray. Rounded or square face, with nose with slightly wide tip, large eyes, usually blue.
Maggie Gyllenhaal may be an absolute Summer.
- INDIAN SUMMER — (Summer – Autumn) light red or copper, ash or sandy blonde hair, medium to dark ash (cool) brown, perhaps with red highlights. Often feels their hair is mousy. The most likely to highlight which is not recommended (unless caramel brown). Generally with blue eyes, but could also be slightly green, grey or brown. They could also seem changeable. Skin tone has a medium grayed-blue undertone and possible chatoyance.
(As with all seasons, people disagree as to who is Soft Summer and which season these celebs are).
- MOONLIGHT SUMMER — (Summer mixed with Winter) Hair coloring: dark ash brown to brunette or silver hair, and double blue skin tone, that could place them in Winter, but they do not drape best in dark Winter colors (though it is possible they could wear black and it can be added to their fan). Their fan may include black or charcoal-gray, best worn with white or cream. They often have rosy cheeks and a light rose-beige complexion. If hair is dyed too warm, their skin will appear red and patchy. Eyes are most often deep or icy blue, but might also be light green, medium gray or soft brown (though brown eyes are rare for Summers). Summer eyes are translucent or mottled with wide band around iris (often gray). They often have darker eyebrows than other summers.
Some Moonlight Summers are blonde, perhaps “Classic” Summer
(CMAS says Farrah Fawcett might be Snowfrost Winter)
Most Moonlight Summers have darker hair, as they are closer to Winter, aka “Jeweltone” Summer
- SUNSHINE SUMMER — (Summer – Spring) golden blonde highlights in light ash brown hair, dun color, or slight tinge of red. It is possible that their hair will darken to medium brown. They are the most believable blond, even dyed. A touch of yellow may be in the eye pattern, but generally more blue than green (will not look turquoise like spring). Eyes will most often be blue (maybe green), possibly have transparency of summer, with Spring’s twinkle (and possibly a touch of yellow). Skin tone has blue undertone, may also have Spring’s yellow overtone, creating a light green cast.
AUTUMN eyes have aztec sun directly around the pupil with specks and dots sometimes. (Eyes do not always match your dominant, but may show your secondary).
ABSOLUTE AUTUMN — Red hair does not always mean you are Autumn, but copper red (or metallic brown) hair does. We also find some Autumns who have a neutral beige hair coloring. Most Autumns share a very warm under toned complexion, especially when they get “worked up ” Angular face, squared jaw with beautiful cheekbones. Eyes may be brown, olive green, steel blue, with bits of rust, gold or brown.
brown, olive green, steel blue, with bits of rust, gold or brown
- GOLDEN AUTUMN — Blonde Autumns (with possible red tinge, full red heads may also be included, or may be Absolute Autumns below) . Squared face that may be round or thin. Olive green, green, steel blue or warm brown eyes, with gold or brown speckles (that make eye look olive green). Skin has medium golden orange brown under tone. Eyes may be hazel (possibly containing some blue), golden green, yellow brown. Eyes may contain orange or wine.
This is Australian actress, Marta Dusseldorp. Eve Arden
- GENTLE AUTUMN — This type often has metallic quality to their hair (light brown or light blonde, even reddish blonde, “rose red,” or silver-grey). The Gentle type has a light hair coloring. Oval, diamond, triangular or even round face shape possible. Eyes are blue, blue-grey, hazel, green or light brown. Skin tone has undertones of amber and blue, may appear coppery. Skin is often lighter than other Autumns.
- STRIKING or BRONZE AUTUMN — Very dark hair (usually brunette, possibly black with warm tones, possibly metallic looking) indicates a mixing with Winter Season. This Autumn type may look good in a warm black which is found on strip 40 in Autumn’s Color Fan®. Eyes may be dark warm brown, rust, deep olive-green, or steel blue. Skin will have warm dark red orange undertone. May have oval face shape, with prominent cheek bones, or broad or angular face.
WINTER eyes have spokes on a wheel. (Eyes do not always match your dominant, but may show your secondary).
ABSOLUTE WINTER — If you have dark hair (black or silver) and light skin , or if your hair is very dark and your skin is dark. Eyes are usually blue, hazel (with dark rim) or dark brown.
Liz Taylor and Megan Fox are probably absolute Winters.
- FIRELIGHT WINTER — (Winter with Spring blend ) Your hair color may be blonde, almost white blonde or light (or even dark) brown, silver or pure white, looking like a Spring, but they have a more aloof Winter air. They also have Winter contrast. Skin will have strawberry undertone and will have light bisque complexion. Eyes will have winter spokes, or dark lines around the iris, in sparkling blue, brown, tan, cool blue, bright hazel or gray eyes.
- SNOW FROST WINTER — (Winter mixed with Summer) Hair color will likely be light, medium or dark neutral or ash brown (possible red highlights). May have salt n pepper, gray, silver or white hair, may gray early in life. “No one grays better.” Clear primary colors of Winter bring out sparkle in complexion. Very light skin tone with blue undertone. They may not have as dark hair as other Winters, but their complexion sparkles in Winter colors. Eyes may be Charcoal gray, blue, violet, soft dark brown, icy hazel .
- SUNSET WINTER — (Winter mixed with Autumn) Hair color will be deep auburn or medium dramatic red. Face may be squared at the jaw or prominent cheekbones. Hair contrasts with very cool skin. Light skin is milky white, with very little evidence of freckles. Cool skin undertone will be mulberry. Eyes may be black, black-brown, dark hazel, and in some instances medium brown eyes which is a sign that you’re flowing into Deep Autumn.
These are all either Absolute Winter or Cool Winter:
- Marie Osmond is considered Type 1 or Spring by Jane Segerstrom. Jaclyn Smith is considered Jeweltone Summer by David Zyla.
Eye Charts: http://www.colormeaseason.com/categories/Color-Analysis/Posters-and-Charts/ Also see blog post, The Fascination of Eyes!